Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Great Pound Cake

Not to be out done by Etiquettely Correct I have a wonderful and easy pound cake receipe. It feeds a lot of people and it never fails to come out right.

Almond Pound Cake

2 sticks of butter
3 cups of sugar
Beat well
6 eggs, one at a time beat well after each
3 cups of CAKE flour (Swans)
1/2 pt. of heavy cream
1/2 sm. bottle of almond extract

Beat well and spray a Bundt Pan well with Baker's Joy

Put into a COLD oven and set the temp at 325. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. It comes out perfect everytime. Great plain or with strawberries!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Yum! This looks delicious! I can't wait to try this recipe.

I hope you have a nice week!

Etiquettely Correct said...

I love your pound cake!

Judy said...

Posting a pound cake recipe at 5:20 AM! You are totally amazing. I can't wait to make the cake! I wish we could eat it with strawberries together!

Abigail's Party said...

Hi Suzy this is Abi in UK ...

I love the blog thing you've all got going. It's lovely to share in this way..

Anyway I just had to ask what is a Pound Cake? Why is it called Pound cake?
I'm really interested and am working on translating your ingredients to english sizes so I can make one. I will post photos for you.

Any more of your yummy american recipes are gratefully received! I've still got your lovely America "The Beautiful Cookbook" with your inscription on the inside. I used it recently (Key Lime Pie) and everyone was so impressed!

Carry On Cooking!

Lots of love... Abi in UK xx